Low CD4 count
Jun 6, 2009
I have recently been diagonised with HIV. My CD4 count is 100 which is very low. I am scared to death. They have called me tomorrow to start my medications? How long does it take to get my CD4 count up to normal or will it ever be normal?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your HIV viral load is. Hopefully a HIV genotype test was also performed, which looks to see whether your virus has any evidence of drug resistance to HIV meds. In general you should start seeing an increase in one month and a doubling by 3 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Genital Warts?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- Type Of Doctor That Treats Gonorrhea
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.