May 30, 2009
my husband came down with a viral bronchitis.does that mean that his viral load went high ,and his body is not strong enough to fight infections,what can happen as a result of being hiv possitive and having a viral bronchitis.can it become pcp, how can we prevent from him getting a pcp....
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what his CD4 count is or whether he is on HIV meds or not. Sometimes the HIV viral load can increase with other ongoing infections. A viral bronchitis is not PCP. People are at risk for PCP if their CD4 count is less than 200. If the CD4 count is< 200 than he would need to be on an antibiotic like septra or bactrim to prevent PCP. If the CD4 count is > 200 than there is no need to be on that antibiotic.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.