|CD-4 count a marker???
May 23, 2009
respected sir, i had a patient in the OPD who came with a complaint of chronic non healing ulcer since last 1 month.in the oral cavity.We got his ELISA test done which came out to be negative. after that a biopsy of that area was done so as to rule out any cancerous growth,but that was also negative. Then a CD-4 count was done for that patient ,which came out to be 88.Western Blot test for that patient also revealed negative results. sir loking at only the CD-4 counts can it be said that the patient has AIDS????
please help sir
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It may not necessarily be the result of HIV infection. So AIDS, associated with HIV infection may not be the cause.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Tremors Associated With Shingles
- Topical Home Remedies For Genital Herpes Sores
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
- Symptoms Of Shingles In Women
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.