Limited time on atripla, good or bad?
May 23, 2009
I was on Atripla for 22 days before I stopped for medical reasons. I have always been healthy, cd4 currently 346 and vl 48k, and am told within a month Atripila takes you to undetectable. Since I took it for most of the month if I don't go on a new medicine right away due to starting a new job, am I better off than I was before Atripila assuming it did its job and took my viral load down? Can I expect my cd4 to increase a bit now over the next couple of months if my viral load has been lowered even if I do not get on different meds right away?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely. You need to get back on atripla or on another regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Vomiting After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.