|IMPORTANCE OF WB TEST: CONFUSSED. PL. HELP
May 17, 2009
I AM 27, MALE FROM INDIA.
I HAD PROTECTED SEX WITH CALLGIRL IN JULY-2007.HER HIV STATUS NOT KNOWM TO ME. IN MARCH 2008 I GOT HERPESE INFECTION IN MY RIGHT SIDE FACE.I GOT TESTED FOR ELISA & CAME POSITIVE WITH THREE ELEISA HAVING GAP OF 2 WEEKS EACH. THEN I GET TESTED FOR VL. RESULTS WERE VL:2456, CD4:58,CD4/CD8 RATION:0.26.MY DOC TOLD THERE IS NO NEED OF FURTHER TESTING & STARTED MY MEDS. I AM TAKING LAMIVUDINE+ZIDOVUDINE & RITONAVIR+LOPINAVIR SINCE LAST ONE YEAR. MY REUSLT LAST MONTH WERE VL:UNDETECTED, CD4:216, CD4/CD8 REATIO:0.28.
I HAVE A QUESTION:
1) SHALL I GO FOR WB? IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF I AM HIV -ve AS I HAVE NOT DONE SCREENING TEST?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I agree with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Chlamydia?
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used On Genital Herpes?
- Syphilis Symptoms Burning Urination
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.