HIV 2 and progression to Aids
May 17, 2009
For someone infected with HiV 2 how long it will take to progress in Aids ,and what kind of treatment that person can have? Can he live as long as person infected with HiV 1?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Usually HIV2 progression is much slower than HIV1, does respond to HIV1 type drugs, and so likely result in the same or better prognosis than someone infected with HIV1.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.