hep c viral load
May 10, 2009
My 25 yr old incarcerated son has hep c. His viral load is 400,000. My question is, with a viral load of 400,000 does he need to start treatment?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Decisions about starting treatment are dependent on multiple factors and viral load levels are not a significant part of that. Extent of liver disease, type of HCV, other medical and psychiatric issues, among others will help determine the appropriate time to start treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv Throw Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair Shaving?
- Cortisone Injections And Hep C And Cirrhosis
- Does A Viral Load Tell How Long You Had Hiv?
- Can Hepatitis Cause Body Sores?
- Can Hiv Positive Females Have Ivf Fertilization?
- Can You Share Drinks With People Infected With Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.