May 10, 2009
with 2.9 log iu/ml, can I breastfeed my baby, my due date is july 25,2009. am I not going to pass it to the baby?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
If you are describing a HBV viral load, that is indeed a low copy number, but still indicates a detectable level around 1000 IU/mL of blood. And HBV is likely to also be in other bodily fluids. You need to discuss this with your obstetrician as to what is the best thing to do.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Male Get Pubic Lice From Public Restrooms?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Ars What Type Of Abdominal Pain
- Blood Splashed In Eye Hiv Rapid Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.