May 10, 2009
with 2.9 log iu/ml, can I breastfeed my baby, my due date is july 25,2009. am I not going to pass it to the baby?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
If you are describing a HBV viral load, that is indeed a low copy number, but still indicates a detectable level around 1000 IU/mL of blood. And HBV is likely to also be in other bodily fluids. You need to discuss this with your obstetrician as to what is the best thing to do.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Symptoms In Oral Cavity
- If Infected With Hiv Do Spots Appear On Yur Body?
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- How Much Does Epivir Cost?
- How Can I Tell If I Have Shingles?
- I Have Herpes Does That Mean I Have Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.