|What if Sculptra doesn't work?
May 4, 2009
I would like to know what can be done if Sculptra does not work for extreme facial wasting. its been a year and its not helping.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello, and thanks for posting.
Sculptra must be given over a series of multiple treatments for severe lipoatrophy that are typically spaced about a month apart. The benefit usually starts to become apparent after the second or third session. It is unusual to see no improvement from the series of injections. If you have not had at least 3 treatments by an experienced provider then you should not give up on Sculptra yet.
If you have and it did not work, then you might consider Radiesse. This filler is another FDA approved agent that treats HIV facial lipoatrophy and produces results that are noticeable right away.
I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.