SHOULD I START CLINICAL TRIAL? DESPERATE FOR ANSWER.

just newly diagnosed about a month ago. i think i had a false positive hiv result when i got tested last year. cd4 count a month ago was 184. rechecked 2 weeks later and dropped to 118. my doc is recommending a clinical trial from gilead (4 in 1 pill once a day vs atripla). i was more confident in joining when my count was 184, but at 118, i just dont know.

do the benefits still outweight the risks to join this trial? what is usually the recommended drug combo choice for my tcell count? i was thinking truvada and isentress? also, would my t cell count drop another 60 in the next two weeks since i am waiting on my genotype testing already on bactrim and no symptoms as of yet (thank you, god).

thanks for responding!!! i really need to know

The Gilead "quad pill" is essentially the same thing as truvada and isentress, except it is their new integrase inhibitor + booster drug. So that regimen is likely to very effective for you. Remember, as with any clinical trial, you have the right to withdraw at any time.

T Cell Panel Results
about abdominal ultrasound results