not sure whether to start treatment.

As i mentioned in my last question that we see terrific fluctuation in my father's report( CD4 Between 550 TO 260 & VIRAL LOAD between 600000 to 100000) Most of them suggest that generally treatment should be started when CD4 goes below 300. but in last report CD4 is 331. He (my father) has no health issues as of now and is following his normal routine with regular exercise. We both are not sure about starting the treatment because of its side effects. Frankly we feel that one year delay for starting the treatment should be fine.But we are not sure, also which drug is a question.

I think I may have indicated that another important number to follow is the CD4%, which is a more stable number over time. Although there is no urgency, he is clearly at a point where HIV treatment is indicated. In older people without HIV infection, the immune system function tends to wane, so protecting what is left of the immune system should be the priority. There are several recommended first regimens, that you can discuss with his doctor, and are dependent on a variety of factors (i.e. other meds he may be on, other ongoing medical illnesses, among others).

CD4 Viral Load Shock
CD4 Count 76