syphilis

i had boyfriend for one year. I was diagnosed w/ syphilis, VDRL 1:32. I ask my boyfriend to go the doctor and check his blood. He is VDRL non reactive. Im not satisfied thats why i tell him to go for second opinion and still non reactive.

Then we both go the doctor and we both give blood and test for syphilis. I was very surprise that i am 1:32 VDRL reactive while he is non-reactive. So i think maybe i got it from my exboyfriend since i dont have any contact to anybody since we've been together.

Is it really possible that he was not infected even though we've been one year together? PLs help me. Thank you in advance.

It certainly is possible that he was not infected.

am i free from syphilis?
CD4 Viral Load Shock