Swine flu and people with HIV
May 3, 2009
* Does Tamiflu and Relenza etc interact adversely with HIV meds - i.e can we take theses if we are on HIV ARVs? * Are people living with HIV of more risk to this virus than the general population?
*Anything special people living with HIV should do in the face of this threat?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There should be no significant interaction between these antivirals and HIV meds. We don't know the risk level, but likely those with very low CD4 counts would be at greater risk. I don't think there is anything special that anyone else would also be doing (frequent handwashing, social distancing, etc).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.