May 1, 2009
My insurance company canceled my insurance. Blue Cross Blue Shield in GA. It was for nonpayment. They refused to reinstate the policy. What can i do? is there private insurance i can obtain as i am HIV+
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Failure to pay premium is a justifiable reason for an insurance company to cancel coverage. It could be very difficult to obtain coverage unless you were to become employed at a company that offered a group health plan to its employees. You could try to apply for an individual policy and if you are denied, there might be some state-sponsored benefits avaialable. However, I don't know what is available in Georgia.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Penis Discharge Mean I Have Hiv?
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Achy Balls After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.