Apr 19, 2009
Hi, My partner is a chronic HBV carrier from birth. Her core and surface antigen are positive. Her E antigen is negative and she has a moderate viral load (HBVDNA 3459 IU/ml)
I expect that it is too late for anti-viral therapy but is it possible to use interferon at this stage in the virus?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are many treatment options for chronic HBV infection and are not necessarily affected by time of infection. She needs to consult with a liver specialist as to which antiviral medication would be most appropriate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.