|Viral load detection problem
Apr 12, 2009
I'm on ART for the last 10 months. When I started my CD4 was 128 and VL was 89,000 copies / mL. I stayed undetectable for the first 8 months and CD4 reached 360. On my last exam (2 months ago), CD4 was 366 and VL was 51 copies / mL. That was the first detected VL since the treatment started. Should I be worried with this result?
Another information: my VL exam was different before this last one (the bottom range of VL was 400 copies/mL). This result of 51/mL is from a new kind of VL exam, which bottom range is 40 copies/mL.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not concerned. The positive viral load of 51 copies is likely the result of assay variability and is not clinically significant.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.