Blood work questions

I have recently been diagnosed as positive. It had been a while since my last test (I know, dumb) however I know the longest I could have been infected is about 2 years. The trouble is this: My doctor did a blood workup and my CD4 count is 287 and my VL is 125,000. This seems pretty high considering even if i was infected the day after my last test. My doctor said they usually dont see these numbers in people infected less than 5 - 8 years. Something doesnt make sense. My doctor suggested that I begin meds right away. This troubled me as everything I have read says one should never begin treatment based on the results of just one test. Additionally, I also read that if the infection is fairly recent, this could be a surge where the viral load shoots up very very high and then begins to rebound to lower levels. If this could possibly be the case, shouldnt I have an additional blood test as a confirmation? Another factor is that my health is great. I have zero symptoms. I cant remember the last time I had anything more than a cold or sinus infection. My liver and kidney numbers are all great and I have no co-infections. I am trying very hard to be sure to find the right doctor. I did go to see a second doctor after my first doctor made his recommendations. My second doctor agreed that the first set of numbers dont warrant meds without a second test to compare the first test against. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I dont doubt that I will most likely need to begin meds very soon however, I dont want to jump the gun.

I agree with doctor 1 and 2. You need a second set of numbers, and I predict that they will be similar to the first set, and therefore you need to start HIV meds.

HIV Transmission
Night Sweats not concerning my specialist enough?