VIral Count Much Higher than Last Year??
Apr 5, 2009
I have Hep B and have the routine blood work done every year.
This year my viral counts were much higher than last year.
My DNA count was 1,710 this year and 114 last year. My other count was 3,317 this year and 181 last year.
My AFP is 3.1, ALT is 56 and AST is 31 and my ultrasound showed everything looking normal.
I'm concerned about my viral count jumping so drastically from last year. What might cause that? My Dr. seems unconcerned and says he wants to re-test in 6 months.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- Undetectable Hiv Positive Woman And Negative Man Transmission Risk
- Routine Blood Work That Signals Hiv
- Chance Of Getting Hiv From One High Risk Exposure
- What Is The Social Effects Of Hiv?
- Why Is Hiv Called A Retrovirus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.