Monotherapy Effectiveness

Hello; I've been on Kaletra alone for at least 3 years and my VD has remained undetectable (even when meassured with the very sensitive test). It's been great for me as the severity of s/effects with the cocktail has been debilitating for me. With Kaletra alone I can say that I'm virtually free of s/effects (performing well at work, etc). Prior to that I was on Kaletra and 2 other drugs (2001), then reduced to one other drug (2002/2003). My CD count has barely reached over 300 on a couple of times and for a short time. In general it stays around 270 or 280. Should I consider adding another drug to Kaletra, or perhaps change to a new drug/s?

Great question. You are one of a group of people who have been successfully maintained on Kaletra monotherapy for many months to years. Given that your viral load remains undetectable, you are unlikely to benefit from additional drugs now. This has been tried by adding various newer generation drugs with variable success, in terms of increasing CD4 counts.

Should I go for third treatnemnt
Elisa Indeterminate then Positive, waiting on Western