Should I go for third treatnemnt
Apr 5, 2009
I have HCV genotype 2, I Already had 2 treatments Pegasys+RIBA, after first treatment it was undetectable for 6 months, after second treatment for 18 months now HCV RNR is < 12, is it a lot or no? should I do third treatment?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It appears that you have had a sustained virologic response (SVR as we call it) after the second treatment. So no, I don't think you need another round of treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Does Metronidazole Treat Chlamydia?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.