hepa b and bruises (viral load)
Mar 29, 2009
good day doc, I am a chronic hbv carrier since birth and I easily bruise. There are constant bruises on my body and when they disappear they are replaced with new bruises, my viral load is greater that 110,000,000 iu/ml, liver profile and blood peripheral smear is normal, Is there a relation between easily bruising and hepa b infection more importantly with the high viral load? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes there can be. Certain clotting factors are made in the liver and if the liver is damaged they may not be made effectively.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Condom Protect You From Getting Hiv?
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
- Is Thrush Connected To Vaginal Yeast Infection?
- Oxygen Therapy For Candidiasis
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.