Viral Load High CD4 Average

Thanks Doc for your time.

My Current Viral load is 160,000. My CD4 count is at 436. I recently contracted HIV 6 months ago. My doctor has advised me to wait on taking medication, is this wise?

Should I look into treatment with such a high viral load? Is the viral load likely to rise or go down without medication for the time being?

If you were infected within the last 6 months, it is possible that your viral load could drop a bit more, or you have reached your set-point now. There is no urgency for you to start HIV medications given what your current CD4 count is. If on the next set of labs the viral load remains > 100,000, some experts would recommend starting treatment. Current guidelines suggest starting treatment when the CD4 count is < 350, or if > 350, when the viral load is > 100,000. You fit into this camp. But, the decision to start treatment above 350 usually depends on whether people are having symptoms, or how fast their CD4 count is dropping.

Initial Lab Results
Questions about my CD 4-CD 8