cd4 count fluctuation
Mar 29, 2009
Does the cd4 count count tend to fluctuate? I was told by my former infectious disease doctor that it does fluctuate and not to worry if it does.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes it can. The absolute CD4 count can vary because of time of day, different labs, stress, other ongoing infections or immunizations, among other reasons. The CD4% is a more stable number over time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Scared I Have HIV
- Do Swollen Glands Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.