|units for viral load by pcr
Mar 29, 2009
to convert from log(IU/ml) to copies/ml and from IU/ml to copies/ml for all viruses is it the same and what is factors of conversion
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No it is not the same, even for the same virus. It depends on the assay technology and vendor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- What Can You Put On Herpes Sore To Stop The Itch?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.