HBsAg & aHBs together positive
Mar 29, 2009
I have a Positive result for HBsAg and AHBs (450 iu/L) together in the same sample. Kindly suggest. Both investigation performed on Elecsys 2010. HBsAg confirmatory test done by antibody neutralization assay and tht too is positive.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Sounds like acute HBV infection, where both tests could be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Hepatitis?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Accuracy Of Elisa Test After 30 Days
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.