|cd8 always higher ?
Mar 22, 2009
is the cd8 count always higher than cd4 count with hiv infection from point of infection and for the entire course of the disease or can cd4 count return to where it exceeds the cd8 count at some stage or stages even for those people who never took medications ? thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
As with most answers in medicine, it depends. A lot of people have elevated CD8 counts for many years, and through different stages of infection, whereas others do not and regardless of treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Can Hiv Positive People Receive Hair Transplants?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.