|cd8 always higher ?
Mar 22, 2009
is the cd8 count always higher than cd4 count with hiv infection from point of infection and for the entire course of the disease or can cd4 count return to where it exceeds the cd8 count at some stage or stages even for those people who never took medications ? thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
As with most answers in medicine, it depends. A lot of people have elevated CD8 counts for many years, and through different stages of infection, whereas others do not and regardless of treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.