|start HAART CD4 600/VL 80000
Mar 22, 2009
My doctor recommended to start with HAART even if my CD4 count is still around 600. Nevertheless, the viral load is around 80000 and increasing. is there good evidence to start already with Atripla since the VL is quite high?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although the guidelines recommend starting when the CD4 count is < 350, regardless of viral load, they all state that one can consider starting when above 350 if the viral load is > 100,000, or if there are symptoms or rapid decline in CD4 count. New evidence suggests that starting earlier may result in better clinical outcomes than waiting.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash During Seroconversion
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.