|Sexual Risk with Hiv neg friends
Mar 22, 2009
I am kind of re-iterating what my Dr I think has told me. I tested pos in March 2007. 1st "full test" showed viral load of 3800 and CD4 of 600. My viral load got as high as 13,800. Went down to 1200, then up to 5000. Tested "extensively" every 3 months.
Had to have some radiation in Dec2007-Jan2008 for cance of the gum. All is fine there. The CD4 count dropped to 200 by March 2008, even though HIV level was only 5,000 started on Atripla, because concerned about the drop in CD4 (T-cell count?) Concerned about the drop in white blood count
1. Since on ATRIPLA (Apr 2008), all HIV counts are "non-detectable" for HIV. My white blood count is going back up - last result 400. So doing OK with the med...My HIV load is non-detectabble. (less than 56). 1. What is your opinion of oral sex with people (I don't cum in their mouths), or anal sex (with protection), usually pull out and jack off but a few times haven't.
2. FYI - my doctors have me tested every 3 months - period. Can't donate blood for the blood bank, but sure donate several vials at each 3-month visit for myt testing.
4. My basic question to you is - can I give HIV to someone doing oral on me, or vice versa with my load level of non-detective? seems to be a cause of concern for some buddies - I just think I've read and whatever I can, but guess there are still NO definite answers...
5. Last for anyone who reads this. FIRST: - health concerns, I don't want to share HIV with anyone else.
THEN SECOND financial concerns. My Atripla tablets cost me about 10 bucks a day (that's 3,650 a year, and I pay 20 percent of retail), - and I'll take them til I die. Then 3 month blood tests and doctors visits - hundereds of dollars. Fortunately? I have good health insurance I got to keep in to retirement. But - this is maybe stupid - "if nothing else, can you financially aford to have HIV??? Buy condoms they are much cheaper".
If I didn't have health insurance, I'd be out about $15,000 for meds, probably $10,000 for blood tests, plus other doctors for things like dental, etc...
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
An undetectable blood plasma viral load, does not mean not infectious. You also have blood cells that are infected with HIV and don't count toward the measured viral load total. Although it is likely that your cell burden of HIV has been reduced with Atripla, it is not zero. And such cells can be found in various bodily fluids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.