Am I making good progress
Mar 15, 2009
Six months ago my cd4 count was 427, viral load undetactable, and kidney function at 68; now my cd4 count is 512, vl is still undetectable and kidney function is 80 (I am on truvada and stocrin for the past two years). My cd4 count was 34 when I started treatment
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, you have made great progress. You don't indicate what the exact test is that is measuring your kidney function, or whether you have other medical conditions or medications that could be affecting your kidneys. The tenofovir in truvada could be affecting your kidney function. I would ask your doctor about it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.