Low CD4 percentage
Mar 8, 2009
I moved to a new state and started seeing another HIV specialist who put me immediately on atripla because my latests results were CD4 351 and CD4% 17, vl 32000. He said my CD4% was way too low and I should have been offered treatment many months ago. I thought my CD4 absolute count was ok, that's why no treatment before. Now I feel it's a bit too late and I'm really concerned about the low CD4 percentage. Will I still be ok?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I agree with your doctor and the decision to start treatment. I can't comment on why treatment wasn't necessarily started before. I think you are fine and will see a great response to treatment, so I don't think it's too late.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.