vl

Just exactly how is the vl determined in the lab? Is the virus actualy counted by a lab tech and could there be more than one type of virus present in this paticular test? Also if my vl is 50 copies and I have 10 different mutations detected do all the copies look the same or could some of the copies be spared these mutations?

Yes there is a lab test that counts the copy numbers. It does not determine how many different variants there might be. And yes, different strains of virus could have the mutations and others will not.

Detectable <40
Low CD4 percentage