CCR5 testing

Thanks for your extremely helpful answers to my previous questions to you. In light of the recent news about a possible "cure" with marrow transplants from CCR5 delta32 homozygous host,I have a related question I hope you can help with. I was diagnosed HIV pos in July 2008 after I was hospitalised with PCP. To our great relief and surprise,my partner of 10yrs tested negative! Would there be any merit in him undergoing further testing to see if he carries the delta32 CCR5 gene? If so,is this something that should have been pursued by our HIV specialist? Thanks for your help.

Well, it might be of interest to see the result, but I am not sure what you would do with the information. If you are further thinking about the marrow transplant strategy, that also requires donor matching between the donor and recipient as well as the delta 32 R5 genotype.

Effects of Cozole
Children & CD4 percentage