Feb 22, 2009
when using(after using it) pep does that mean hiv will never have chance to live in your body?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In most cases the answer is yes. This is all dependent on how much virus may have been transmitted, whether the virus already has HIV drug resistance, timing of PEP, type of drugs in the PEP regimen, underlying genetic of the person who was exposed, among other reasons.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Warts From A Razor?
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Do Condoms Prevent Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.