Feb 22, 2009
I have mutation Q58e which has a mutation score of 0 if taking drv/r and a score of 15 if taking tpv/r. If both drugs were taken together would the score for the mutation change for tpv/r?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Great question. Scoring systems usually evaluate the drug as a single drug and not what its contribution would be in combination. It is likely that in the test tube or in a person, darunavir would have take care of a virus with this mutation regardless if tipranavir was present or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.