Feb 15, 2009
The HIV is a retrovirus. Please can you tell me what sub-family it belongs to (Oncovirinae, Lentivirinae or spumavirinae)? Also, can you direct me to a website or study where I can see the electron microscopy of the HIV virus and not the computerised or artist's impression? Thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Retroviridae - Orthoretroviridae (subfamily) - Lentiviruses - HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Clear Your Reproductive System Of Hpv Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.