Feb 15, 2009
The HIV is a retrovirus. Please can you tell me what sub-family it belongs to (Oncovirinae, Lentivirinae or spumavirinae)? Also, can you direct me to a website or study where I can see the electron microscopy of the HIV virus and not the computerised or artist's impression? Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Retroviridae - Orthoretroviridae (subfamily) - Lentiviruses - HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- Bleeding While Giving Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.