| which is the best indicator CD4 count or CD4 percentage
Feb 15, 2009
can you please tell me what is the best results to look out for after a blood test is it the CD4 count or the CD4 Percentage after recently starting on meds ie Atripla for 5 weeks my CD4 count went from 210 to 550 and my viral load 400.000 to 600 but the CD4 percentage only went up from 11% to 13%. many thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
As with everything else in life, it depends. The CD4 count is prone to more acute changes, where the CD4 percent is a much more stable number over time. In your case, and in many people during the acute treatment response, the CD4 count will lag somewhat behind. Once you are on treatment for 6 months or so, you will have a better indication of where both the CD4 count and percent will be long term.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.