which is the best indicator CD4 count or CD4 percentage

can you please tell me what is the best results to look out for after a blood test is it the CD4 count or the CD4 Percentage after recently starting on meds ie Atripla for 5 weeks my CD4 count went from 210 to 550 and my viral load 400.000 to 600 but the CD4 percentage only went up from 11% to 13%. many thanks

As with everything else in life, it depends. The CD4 count is prone to more acute changes, where the CD4 percent is a much more stable number over time. In your case, and in many people during the acute treatment response, the CD4 count will lag somewhat behind. Once you are on treatment for 6 months or so, you will have a better indication of where both the CD4 count and percent will be long term.

Please advise lab results
CD4 count