Re-occuring Salivary Gland inflammation with Rash

I've recently had inflammation of my salivary gland on the left side under my tongue which has been re-occuring off and on for the past 2 months. Along with the inflammation it seems a rash is consitant with the presence of the gland inflammation. The rash does not itch, it is round in shape, and I suspected that it may be a superficial fungal infection, and I've applied some OTC fungal cream which does take the rash away somewhat, however they spring up in other places, mostly on my upper chest on both sides.

I've been to my HIV doctor but doesn't seem concerned and hasn't taken any scrappings for culture nor furthered looked into why I've just started getting the gland inflammation. Another symptom is that I've progressively been getting short of breath on excertion with a dull pressure in my chest which is only resolved with rest.

I'm purplexed as to what is going on and would hope that you may be able to shed some light on the possibility of what any correlation of these conditions and symptoms have in common if any.

My CD4 are 170 and VL 150. I started on HAART in Sept. 08.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer me.

From my vantage point, these appear to be 3 different issues. Regarding the gland, is it really the salivary gland and not an enlarged lymph node? Also, is there really only the one gland or node that is increased in size? HIV itself can cause both the glands or nodes to swell. However, other things like infections, tumors, etc can result in these findings. I am certain your doctor has taken these things into account when evaluating it. You don't indicate your age or possible risk factors for lung or heart disease, but this should likely be checked out.

current status
Completed baffled on how I got infected