Jan 31, 2009
hello dr. holodniy, i would just like to ask , i was once below 200 cd4 count, had pcp and cmv retinitis, after starting arv meds every is improving and cd4 got up above 200.... does this mean im still in AIDS stage? what are my chances to live? thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
From a biologic or clinical perspective, the answer is no, you do not have AIDS anymore. Your prognosis is very good as long as you continue to take your HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
- CAN BREAST SUCKING GIVE HIV TO A WOMEN?
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
- Does Rashes Reappear After 5 Months For HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.