|Viral Load Decrease
Jan 31, 2009
Doc..after 3 months of interferon and ribovarin treatment for Hep C. My Viral load has gone from 6 million to five hundred and ninety. Is this considered a good sign or should it be zero by now? Will this cure the Hep C or will I have this forever? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Excellent response and a very good sign. If the viral load becomes undetectable and you have what is called a sustained virologic response (SVR) after treatment stops, then you have a very good chance of controlling or getting rid of the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How To Get Rid Of Thrush Naturally?
- Things That Can Cause A False Positive Hepatitis C Test
- The Role Of Rna Polymerase In Hiv
- Can Urine Tests Show Hiv?
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Hepatitis C From A Needlestick?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.