Functional cure or HIV eradication
Jan 25, 2009
What is in your opinion actually the most promising study or the most promising candidates for a functional cure or maybe even eradication? There is many research on stem cell and anti-phosphilipid therapy. Would do you think about this studies?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
These and other studies indicate that progress is being made. However, eradication requires the effective removal of all HIV infected cells, a goal that is possible, but not here yet for everyone with our current technologies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
- Antibiotics And HIV Testing
- Can Low Immune System Cause Delayed Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.