What v count is considerd full blown aids
Jan 25, 2009
My Son just found out he's positive, and his doctor told him his count is very low. Does this mean he has full blown aids? Can you tell me What count constitutes Aids
Response from Dr. Holodniy
By definition, a person with HIV infection has AIDS if their CD4 count is < 200 or < 14%. We don't use the HIV viral load level to determine AIDS status, as people can have low viral loads and still have AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chlamydia Symptoms Won't Go Away
- Accuracy Of Pooled NAT Testing For Hiv
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Chronic Generalized Swollen Lymph Nodes Since Exposure
- Decreased Lymphocytes And Acute Infection
- Does Having Crohn's Disease Affect Hiv Antibody Test Result?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.