Switch of therapy with break

Hello Dr. Holodniy My Wife is taking since Truvada and Sustive since June 2008...she reacts well and her cd4 grown from 329 to 420 and the virus is indetectibel. But now her liver counts are not so good and the doctor said that the best would be to switch to an other medicin. The only Problem is that now we will go to holyday for one month..so the doctor told us that she should make a break for one month and than whem she return start with a new therapy. To be sincere Im afraid to interrupt the therapy of my wife for resistance building. What do you think is it realy not dangerous? My wife is 32 years old. Thank you for your answer.

You don't indicate what liver counts are abnormal and by how much. If there is only a modest increase in liver enzymes for instance, then one could continue the regimen or start something else. If there are significant increases in these enzymes, and other causes have been ruled out, then stopping the HIV meds may be in order.

Is it resistance?
What v count is considerd full blown aids