Big (400) drop in CD4 not %

I've been positive 24 years. My CD4 went from 525 in October to 154 in December with my percentage remaining at 24%. My VL in October was undetectable and not repeated in December. I have not been sick. The only change has been in meds (at my doc's suggestion). I went from Norvir, Reyataz, Truvada to Atripla in the two months between these two tests. Its been 4 years since my CD4 has been so low. Other than the med change, there has been nothing of note (no illness, I don't drink, drug, I get plenty of rest and exercise and I don't work and am not stressed.) My additional question is: Would you go back to the old medication regimen or try something new? We tried a genotype but there was not enough virus to do the study. Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for all your help.

It is unlikely the change in HIV regimen (since two of the meds are the same) accounted for the drop in absolute CD4 count (assuming the viral load is still undetectable). I think you should stay on this regimen and just see what next set of numbers are. My bet is the CD4 count will be back up.

macrophage-activating factor
HIV with abnormal pap