HBV DNA results
Jan 18, 2009
I was tested positive abnormal for the HBsAg test. So i was suggested to get the HBV DNA test. That came back 50 copies hbv dna/mL. Does that mean i am infectious... this is important to me cause i am suppose to do a pro fight in a week. does that mean i do not clear????
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a positive, but very low result for HBV viral load. Given the positive antigen test, with this low viral load, you have a chronic, but very low active HBV infection. I suggest you speak to a liver specialist about these results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.