For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

re. stressful retest

My VL numbers were 350 on the original test and 400 on the retest. My doc has ordered another blood test. As I said do u think this indicates resistance or blip. My cd4 went up at the same time, really confused and concerned. Thanks

From your question I take it you are on treatment. Assuming you are and have been adherent to HIV meds, you don't indicate what your CD4 count/percents have been or whether and how long your viral load was undetectable (< 50) and how far apart the two viral load values are. This certainly could just represent blipping and the next test result may go down. On the other hand if your viral load is now consistently at this level or higher, it could represent early resistance. If so, a modification in your treatment regimen may be in order. There is nothing you need to do immediately yet. But the next test will help sort this out.

Resistance Test..which direction?