Stressful retest

Doc I have been on meds since Feb 2006 after being frighteningly ill CD4 126 VL >100,000. For the last 30 months by VL has been <40 and last 3 CD4 counts were 410, 360, and today 469. Today I was also told that my VL has to be re tested due to a possible lab error or blip. I dont know the number because the nurse did nt ask. Apparently a re test is done automatically if over 40. I am feeling the most stressed I have felt ever. My head is spinning with scenarios - all bad and I feel physically sick. I have always taken my meds Sustiva/Kivexa on time and every day and dont have sex. What could have caused this, what else apart from those things can make someones meds fail - which i m convinced mine are. I have to wait til Fri for the retest result and am sick with worry.

It is hard to know what's going on and I wouldn't want to speculate, given we don't have the actual numbers. But, it is very likely that this is in fact a blip and not a failure in your HIV regimen. We do this all the time as a precaution.

Help me to understand
Different Virus