HBV-DNA borderline result
Jan 3, 2009
Hi Dr. Holodniy, I had a possible exposure to hep b on feb 1 08. I tested neg for hep b 6-9 months after. However I went to gastro doctor at the UM that confirmed that the antibody and antigen for hep b are negative yet the hbv-dna is at borderline level. So I am confused is it possible your body just didnt make the antigen to the virus? and that you are + for hep b?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
So what did the gastroenterologist say about what these results mean?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Chest Cold An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.