Jan 3, 2009
my son was recently tested and his cd4 count was 18.is this full blown aids?what is normal cdcount
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A normal CD4 count is between about 500-1500. A CD4 count of < 200 means someone has AIDS. So a CD4 count of 18 is very low and a person would be at significant risk for developing serious opportunistic infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Massage?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Does Muscle Ache Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.