Jan 3, 2009
my son was recently tested and his cd4 count was 18.is this full blown aids?what is normal cdcount
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A normal CD4 count is between about 500-1500. A CD4 count of < 200 means someone has AIDS. So a CD4 count of 18 is very low and a person would be at significant risk for developing serious opportunistic infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Giving Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.