Non-detectable and HIV test
Jan 3, 2009
I was recently visiting friends on vacation and all of us visited a health fair where free HIV test were being administered(those quick test that take less then 30 minutes). I am a healthy, HIV+, 41 year old male, with a non-detectable viral load. My friends took the test, I declined but it made me wonder if the test would have shown my HIV+ status even at a undetectable level?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes. The test is looking for antibodies and not viral load.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.