semen or vaginal secretion
Dec 28, 2008
since hiv is primarly transmitted through sex i was wondering does men carry more hiv then women... is there more hiv in semen or is there more hiv in vaginal secretion or is it about the same for both male and females?????
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably more in men, although the level is affected by many things including presence of sexually transmitted diseases, menstrual cycle, hormones, blood viral load levels, HIV treatment and underlying genetics and immune system.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.